THE VICTORY, by Annah Robinson Watson - 1909 [ALS]
by Annah Robinson Watson
Published by: Annah Robinson Watson, Memphis, TN, 1909.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays minor aging and wear to covers and interior.
- Paper covers feature text and illustrations in gilt, and display moderate overall toning with some scarce stains.
- Wraps exhibit mild edgewear with rubbing and slight chipping, more to upper edges.
- Spine has title written in black ink pen at head. Ends are rubbed, with some chips to head. (See photos)
- Binding is secure.
- Some feps are uncut, as is the list of illustrations.
- Interior is well-preserved displaying mild toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are darkened and toned, with occasional foxing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
70 pages. 8.25 x 9.75 inches.
A magnificent collection of poems by the American writer, founding member and president of the Nineteenth Century Club. Annah Robinson Watson was also a collector of American folklore. In addition to being engaged in social activism and suffragist movements, Watson was immersed in folklore and poetry. The poems featured in this volume are imbued with the beauty and light of a faith in the Infinite and Eternal, splendidly pictured by the illustrations which complete the volume.
Lavishly illustrated with B&W reprints. Includes a list of illustrations and of poems. Includes a letter of inquiry with author's signature:
Editor "The Arena"
Dear Sir - I hope you will read my poem "The Victory" and give a review. "The (?)" received gratifying commendation from recognized critics before going to press, but of course may not win your affection.
Some years since I contributed several articles to "The Arena," other work has appeared in "The Bostonian," "St Nicholas," "Lippincotts" and other well-known publications. I will greatly appreciate a friendly point of view, in fact, I am such an optimist nothing else is ever expected.
Annah Robinson Watson
132 Montgomery St.
April 7th 1909
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.