A MIDSUMMER-NIGHT'S DREAM, by William Shakespeare & W. Heath Robinson- 1914 [Illustrated]
Shakespeare's Comedy of A Midsummer-Night's Dream
by William Shakespeare
illustrated by W. Heath Robinson
London: Constable & Co. Ltd., 1914; New York: Henry Holt and Company, 1914
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Violet covers are mostly clean, with gilt text and illustration
- Quarter leatherbound.
- Boards show some aging, a faint stain lower front cover. Corners are sharp. Please see photographs for details of condition.
- Spine covered in light calf is sunned with stains; with firm ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Pastedowns and feps have some light foxing, bookseller marks.
- Frontispiece is present and has intact tissue guard.
- Illustrations are bright and clear, plates are tipped-in.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits marginal toning, light foxing throughout.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges, gilt along head.
187 pages. 8.75 x 11 inches.
Shakespeare's comedy of love and enchantment, in a handsome edition copiously illustrated by William Heath Robinson (1872-1944). A mix of styles; the color plates are delicate and Art Deco; the black and white illustrations show Heath Robinson's gift for cartooning and depiction of character traits.
Published both in London and New York; printed by Bradbury, Agnew & Co. Td., Printers, London and Tonbridge.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore