THE RECOLLECTIONS OF A COUNTRY DOCTOR, by Mrs. John Kent Spender - 1887
The Recollections of a Country Doctor
by Mrs. John Kent Spender
London: John and Robert Maxwell, 
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Blue cloth covers with tooled and black ink decoration.
- Boards show some aging, bumps, dings, warping, edgewear. Corners are bumped and frayed, with exposed board.
- Spine is somewhat cocked. Gilt text label and tooling; spine is darkened, with crushed and frayed ends.
- Binding is intact but fragile, with first three leaves loose. Stitching visible at p. 128, p. 240. See photos.
- Pastedowns and feps have moderate staining; owner's mark on front pastedown, bookseller notations at rear feps. See photos.
- Frontispiece is present.
- Interior is age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
343 pages. 4.5 x 7 inches
From the popular and prolific 19th century author Mrs. John Kent Spender, a novel couched in the form of reminiscences by a retired medical doctor. Prompted by the author's questions (or "editor", as she styled herself), the doctor recounted stories from his fifty years of medical practice, while she wrote them down in shorthand.
No date, but thought to be 1887. See photos for edition and printers marks.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.