Binns Signed: RECOLLECTIONS OF THE LIFE OF JOHN BINNS - 1854
Recollections of the Life of John Binns: Twenty-Nine Years in Europe and Fifty-Three in the United States
by John Binns
SIGNED and dated. Philadelphia, PA: Self-published, 1854.
Hardback is overall in GOOD++ condition.
- Cloth boards feature elaborate stamped design.
- No gift inscription or any other ownership marks.
- Binding is secure.
- Cloth boards show some white stain spots to the front, less so to the back.
- Corners are scuffed and bumped.
- Small chip off top edge of front board.
- Head and tail of spine are scuffed.
- Chipping at spine ends and mid-spine.
- Gilt on spine a bit darkened.
- Short note in pencil on FFEP.
- Inside pages exhibit minimal toning.
- Light to moderate scattered foxing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
49 pages. 5" by 7.75 inches.
Autobiography begins with his birth in Dublin and follows his life as he is imprisoned on a charge of high treason then travels to the United States where he marries and becomes involved in politics. He is best known as one of the first printers of an engraved reproduction of the Declaration of Independence.
EDITION POINTS: Very scarce Binns signature on ffep, dated 1855.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.