THE DIVIDED PATH, by Nial Kent - 1949 [1st Ed]
The Divided Path
by Nial Kent
FIRST EDITION. Ex Lending Library Copy. New York: Greenberg Publishers and Toronto, Canada: Ambassador Books, Ltd, 1949.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition with GOOD DJ.
- Book features a great, color-illustrated DJ, and blue cloth covers with silver text along spine.
- Volume displays significant overall aging and wear.
- Boards exhibit some fading, as well as toning along edges. Head edge of back cover shows some staining up to 1" into cover. (See photos)
- Covers display minor occasional bumping, as well as some fraying and exposed boards along foot edges and corners. (See photos)
- Front cover has a more pronounced bump to head corner. (See photos)
- Spine is well preserved showing minimal fading, as well as significant toning and fraying to ends.
- Binding is secure with a little play.
- Ex-Library marks on endpapers and foot edge of textblock, with stamps, etc. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned with frequent marginal smudges and stains. Stains rarely affect text.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display commensurate aging. Foot of textblock has library stamp.
- DJ shows expert repair along spine on the inside. (See photos)
- DJ is shorter than boards by about 0.5".
- DJ displays overall creasing and edgewear, with rubbing along fore edges, as well as a 0.5" vertical tear to head edge on front. Shoulders and spine ends are chipping. (See photos)
- DJ has a 0.5" x 0.75" scuff in center on front.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
447 pages. 5.75 x 8 inches.
Volume features great color-illustrated DJ, as well as gray blue covers with silver text along spine.
This novel is the story of Michael, a sensitive young man torn between his passions for various, fundamentally different people. On one hand, the pure love of Elinor and Paul, and on the other, the more domineering and passionate possessiveness of an actress. Depicting numerous other relationships defining the life of his attaching title character, the author weaves an intricate, fascinating web that discusses as much heterosexual as homosexual love, presenting the latter with a rare honesty and proximity.
EDITION POINTS: Ex Lending Library Copy. First Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore