PORTRETTEN & STILLEVENS - 2001 [1st Ed]
Portretten & Stillevens
photographs from the Manfred Heiting Collection
An impressive collection of portraits and still life photographs from Dutch artists, this volume takes us on a journey of discovery of the astonishing precision and life of these photographs. Whether on a natural or human level, these Dutch artists have captured rare insights of faces, expressions, even immobility in motionless things, that make this collection one of the finest in the world. One of the first photographic collections to be exhibited in a museum instead of being the possession of private collectors, the Manfred Heiting Collection has benefited from the Rijksmuseum's knowledge and good taste, since it is now seriously collecting photography. It puts together all the great names of photography with their key works. This exceptional volume is a fascinating exploration of excellence in Dutch photography. 128 pages. 9.75 x 11.75 inches.
Lavishly illustrated with photographs from the collection, all captioned with additional information under each. Text in Dutch and English. Includes a history of Dutch art, as well as a catalog at end of volume.
Presumed 1st Edition. Published by: Waanders Uitgevers, Publishers, Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam, 2001.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition, with NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 9040095566
- Volume looks and feels unread.
- Brown cloth covers feature title in white and brown on front cover, and show minimal wear.
- Spine features white text.
- Binding is secure and very slightly cocked forward.
- Front endpaper displays owner's mark with place and date in ballpoint pen. (See photos)
- Inside pages are otherwise free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges show a minor smudge at head, towards spine.
- DJ displays minimal edgewear, as well as a faded price sticker on back. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore