ORDO INSTITUTIONUM PHYSICARUM, by Thomas Rutherforth - 1743[First Edition]
Ordo Institutionum Physicarum
by Thomas Rutherforth
First edition, text in Latin. Cambridge, England: J. Bentham, printer: 1743.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition. AS IS.
- Original full leather binding; front cover missing and back cover detached.
- Boards are age worn, with edges worn and leather separating from board beneath. Leather abraded generally. Please see photographs for details of condition. Corners are worn and softened, with exposed board.
- Spine has text label, with remains of faint text. Spine is darkened with chipped and worn ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Front endpapers are missing; half-title page is lightly foxed and somewhat stained, with worn edges and corners.
- Endpapers and feps have light foxing, staining, and wear.
- In lieu of a formal frontispiece is a printer's advertisement.
- Thirty-one illustrated plates follow the text. Impressions are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages have hand written addition to Errata in chapter Index, and an owner's inscription on the verso of Plate XXIV.
106 pages. 7.5 x 9.25 inches.
Thomas Rutherforth (1712-1771), was an English churchman and academic, Regius Professor of Divinity at Cambridge University from 1745. Prior to this appointment, Rutherforth taught physical science privately at Cambridge. The Ordo Institutionum Physicarum, an outline of his Newtonian course, is an early work.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore