PHOTOGRAPHS OF THOMAS EAKINS, by Gordon Hendricks - 1972 [Signed] *Association copy*
The Photographs of Thomas Eakins
by Gordon Hendricks
Association Copy. New York, Grossman Publishers: 1976
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated cover features a black and white photograph of two people by a lake by the artist.
- Boards are in overall very good condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilded text against a blue background.
- Binding is secure but has a little play.
- Endpapers and feps have some light fading around the margins.
- Front fep is signed and inscribed by the author to famous art dealer Lee D. Witkins. The book is from his personal collection.
- Illustrations are present and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are moderately foxed at the head and light dirt on the foot edge corner.
- DJ looks is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals light edgewear as well as staining in the top edge corner, as well as on the shoulder of the spine.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
214 pages. 10 x 11 inches.
Thomas Cowperthwait Eakins was an American realist painter, photographer, sculptor, and fine arts educator. He is widely acknowledged to be one of the most important artists in American art history. The text is by Gordon Hendricks, who has devoted many years to the study of Eakins and who assembled the legendary exhibitions of Eakins's photographs for the pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts in PHiladelphia in 1969.
EDITION POINTS: Association Copy. Signed and inscribed by the author to famous art dealer Lee D. Witkins. Book as also from Witkins personal estate.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.