FORBIDDEN PHOTOGRAPHS, by Charles Gatewood - 1981 [Signed Ltd. ed.]
by Charles Gatewood
First, limited edition, signed and inscribed by the author. Woodstock, NY: Flash Productions, 1981
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Black paper covers have white inked title on front cover.
- Boards show some scuffing, heavy edgewear. Corners are scuffed. See photos.
- Spine has no text and is scuffed, with crushed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Black end papers/ pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Inscribed and signed by author on Title Page.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits marginal toning. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are a little dusty.
Unpaginated. 8.25 x 10.75 inches
Collected photographs, with facing page texts, by American photographer Charles Gatewood (1942-2016). The New York Times obituary described Gatewood as "a boundary-pushing photographer who mapped, provocatively and disturbingly, the subcultures of strippers, sex-club devotees, bikers, body piercers and fetishists." (William Grimes) Widely published, and with a resume that included Rolling Stone, Gatewood not only published several collections of his photographs, but he was also the subject of film documentaries, including one from 2003 entitled “Forbidden Photographs: The Life and Work of Charles Gatewood.”
A limited first edition of 1000 copies. This is copy #495. Inscribed to Anne Demarais and signed by the author on the title page.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.