WIFE DRESSING, by Anne Fogarty - 1959 [First Edition]
Wife Dressing: The Fine Art of Being a Well Dressed Wife
by Anne Fogarty
First edition. New York: Julian Messner Inc., 1959
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- White boards are mostly clean, show some edgewear and wear at shoulder. Corners are bumped and rubbed.
- Spine has black text and decoration and is bright, with crushed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps are age toned.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has edgewear, chipped corners, closed tears along head edge, bumping along foot edge, some staining to back and front surfaces.
191 pages. 5.5 x 8.25 inches.
Guide to dressing well, developing taste and style, by a former fashion model become wife and mother. With an index of fashion terms. Each chapter offers a "provocative note for the patient husband who pays the bills," for example: "If you adore her, you must adorn her. There lies the essence of a happy marriage."
Black ink line drawings by Renee Forsyth.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore