PAUL RAND: HIS WORK FROM 1946 TO 1958, by Yusaku Kamekura - 1959 [First Edition]
Paul Rand: His Work from 1946 to 1958
by Yusaku Kamekura
First Edition. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1959.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a FAIR DJ.
- Boards show some dirt and sunning around perimeter. Corners are scuffed with exposed board.
- Spine has pink text and is sunned with scuffed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Small bookseller sticker on rear pastedown.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ looks is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ has significant chips, two pieces of clear tape on fonts, and some age-toning. (pease see photos)
132 pages. 10x9.75 inches.
"Paul Rand was an American art director and graphic designer, best known for his corporate logo designs, including the logos for IBM, UPS, Enron, Morningstar, Inc., Westinghouse, ABC, and NeXT. He was one of the first American commercial artists to embrace and practice the Swiss Style of graphic design." (wikipedia)
Contains 150 plates 30 in color, featuring Rand's work. Includes advertisements, book jackets and other artwork which Rand designed. Text is in English and Japanese.
EDITION POINTS: First American Edition
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore