ASH GLAZES, by Phil Rogers - 1991 [First Edition]
by Phil Rogers
First edition. Radnor, PA: Chilton Book Co., 1991
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Bright blue covers are mostly clean, with gilt text. Boards show some edgewear with loss of color. Corners are bumped. Please see photos for condition.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with bumped ends.
- Binding is firm. Stitching is visible at some openings. Please see photos.
- End papers show little to no sign of age or wear
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Illustrated DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ shows a chip at spine top, tiny closed tears, edgewear and bumping along edges.
144 pages. 8.5 x 10.75 inches.
An introduction and practical guide to ash glazes used in pottery. History of the earliest ash glazes in Chinese and Japanese pottery, instruction in the techniques of preparing ash for use, and discussion of 20th century potters who employ ash glazes in their work, including the author.
Illustrated throughout with photographs, both black & white and color.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore