ASH GLAZES, by Phil Rogers - 2003 [Signed, 2nd Ed.]
by Phil Rogers
Second edition, signed by the author. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press 2003
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Gray-green covers are mostly clean, with gilt text on spine. Boards show some edgewear; a bump at head edge of back cover. Corners are sharp. Please see photos for condition.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with bumped head end. Please see photos.
- Binding is strong.
- End papers show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Inscribed and signed by the author on half title page.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear; a few marks of handling at back. See photos.
- Text block edges have some foxing. See photos.
- Illustrated DJ shows some edgewear, bumping at head, tiny chips at corners, a little staining along edges. See photos.
176 pages. 8.75 x 11 inches
An introduction and practical guide to ash glazes used in pottery. History of the earliest ash glazes in Chinese and Japanese pottery, instruction in the techniques of preparing ash for use, and discussion of 20th century potters who employ ash glazes in their work, including the author.
Illustrated throughout with photographs, both black & white and color.
Second edition, expanded from the first. Signed and inscribed by the author on half title page.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore