ILLUMINATIONS, by William Carter - 1996 [SIGNED Photo Print 45/300]
by William Carter
Illuminations affirms that photography's grand tradition of rigor of form and tenderness of eye is alive and well and living in California. Carter's freshly seen images and commentaries are a personal hymn to the beauty of the nude. His photographs address the human body not mere as a physical object, but as a spiritual document. For those with eyes to see, an invisible presence hovers among the strong shapes and delicate tonalities. A signed and numbered edition of William Carter's book Illuminations with an original print, signed and numbered, and carefully set in a mat frame, all presented in a black cloth clamshell box with silk ribbon enclosure. Features a foreword by curator Weston Naef and eight essays by William Carter. 119 pages. Book measures 10.5" by 10.75". Clamshell box measures 11" by 11.5"
As indicated on the colophon, the book is numbered 55 of 300
The original signed photo is presented in a mat frame and numbered as 45 of 300.
Published by Editions One. San Francisco, California. 2004.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with a NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 1881529169
- Black cloth covers are free of signs of age or wear.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine features grey lettering and is square and firm.
- Binding is strong.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- The original print is present in the mat frame and accompanied by a loose tissue guard.
- Black cloth clamshell box is scuffed and soiled along the perimeter with additional soiling to the sides.
- DJ is in NEAR FINE condition.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore