ANDY WARHOL'S EXPOSURES - 1979 [Signed & Inscribed, First printing]
Andy Warhol's Exposures
by Andy Warhol
First edition, signed by Warhol and inscribed to Barry Magarick. New York: Andy Warhol Books/ Grosset and Dunlap, 1979
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Boards covered in black cloth show some edgewear, with chips at top and bottom edges of front cover. Please see photographs for details of condition. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has silver text and is bright with bumped ends and a dent.
- Binding is tight.
- Custom endpapers are printed with the Index.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ looks nice behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals light edgewear including possible bumps, rubbing, and tiny closed tears.
255 pages. 9.5 x 11.5 inches.
Andy Warhol begins the Introduction to Exposures by saying, "I have Social Disease. I have to out every night." With those words, he begins his documenting of Society as it was being redefined in the 1970s. As always, Warhol is both an observer of the scene and part of the scene.
This copy of Andy Warhol's Exposures is inscribed to Barry Magarick, an institution in the worlds of Philadelphia radio and advertising. Magarick (1939-2022), a Philadelphia native, got his first exposure to TV work with a spot on the Horn and Hardart Children's Hour variety show. He graduated from Temple University (1961), where he was a program director at the campus radio station. Most known for his advertising work, where he put an intense creative energy to work creating ads that stuck in the viewer or listener's head, Magarick retained his affinity for radio. Host of jazz and folk programs on WHAT in the 1960s and an all-night call-in show, "Psychic World," on WCAU in the 1970s, Magarick was a member of the Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia Hall of Fame. No stranger to self-promotion, it is perfectly fitting that he would have a copy of Warhol's Exposures, and that it would be inscribed to him.
Signed and inscribed by author on half-title page; DJ is also signed.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.