A SUITE OF 8 LITHOGRAPHS, by Marcel Vertes - c.1941 [Signed in Plate]$560.00
A Suite of 8 Lithographs
by Marcel Vertes
Hungarian Marcel Vertes' art has a distinctive touch of originality which no doubt comes from his unusually intense depiction of the present moment. Always deeply involved in the instant, the eight lithographs evoke intense, awkward or difficult situations, in an abstract and original, sometimes very simple manner. The illustrations are signed in the plate, with the title of each on the cover of the wrap. Eight lithographs. 14 x 18 inches.
All eight lithographs are affixed along top edge and signed in the plate in an elephant folio folder. Title of each lithograph on front wrap. Each lithograph is in individual folder.
Published by: Unmentioned, c.1941.
Prints are overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Folder covers show moderate overall wear from edge creasing, scuffing, smudges and tears, as well as toning, with scattered foxing along edges.
- Lithographs are affixed at top edge, and are in overall nice condition with gentle, even paper-age-toning. Some rippling is evident on some lithos where glued.
- Hot April lithograph is partially (halfway) detached with paper and glue residue at top edge, and has light creasing. Folder has small brown stains to upper right corner of front, as well as smudges and scuffs. Front has a sharp indentation that carries through to lithograph. (See photos)
- Love lithograph is almost 2" detached at top with parts of paper torn from folder while still attached. Folder has been mended with tape along left edge, which also shows creasing and closed tears. (See photos)
- After The Morning After lithograph is overall in very good condition, with about 1" detached at top with parts of paper torn from folder, which is split along majority of fold.
- The Intruder, printed in red ink, litho has some light warping/wrinkling, along with additional pasting at lower corners. Wrap displays pronounced creasing along edges.
- Dairy Maid litho was printed in red ink, and has light crease angled along left length (too light to capture in photo), and is also lifting from paste at outer corner less than 2". Folder has crease to fore edge. (See photos)
- One Minute To Go lithograph, printed in several colors, is in Very Good+ condition. Folder has an abundance of scuffs and creasing, with foxing on back.
- Forgot to Kiss Me Goodnight multi-color litho is well-preserved with only a little rippling along top edge where affixed to folder, which has a hole along left edge, as well pronounced creasing and some tears to lower left corner. (See photos)
- Regretful Rising colorful litho is also in a very good vintage condition, and is tidily detached about 1".
- Prints and their folders may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore