HISTORY & MAGAZINES - 1941 [Signed Limited Edition]$95.00
History & Magazines
published by True Story Magazine
LIMITED EDITION, No 2 of 12 Copies. SIGNED and Inscribed on front endpaper. New York: True Story Magazine, 1941.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume features blue covers with silver lettering on front and lavish illustrations inside.
- Book displays gentle commensurate wear and aging to covers and interior.
- Covers exhibit overall fading, as well as toning along edges.
- Boards display general scuffing, with a few white and dark spots scattered along front shoulder, and a 0.75" long scuff to head of back shoulder. (See photos)
- Back board shows faint scuffing at corner on an area of roughly 0.5" x 2". (See photos)
- Spine is sunned, and shows rubbing as well as chipping to head, with foot of spine piece gone up to 2" from foot. (See photos)
- Binding is secure overall.
- Illustrations are well preserved and gently toned.
- Endpapers exhibit light scattered foxing.
- Interior displays gentle commensurate toning, with occasional foxing and smudges in margins.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges show commensurate toning and light foxing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Pages not numbered. Approx. 70 pages. 11.25 x 14.25 inches.
Book features silver lettering on blue covers on front, and is lavishly illustrated in B&W and two monochrome pink illustrations inside.
Volume includes a preface and a conclusion.
This lavish history of magazines in America features the key events in the past of the country. From the era of Revolution with the War of Independence, to America's participation in the two World Wars, the volume puts together the most emblematic articles from contemporary magazines, creating a history that, as states the introduction, delves deeper than any mere chronological presentation of events. The magazines allow a special insight into the minds of the people in these times, not only recounting the events as they happened but also showing how they were viewed and described by contemporaries.
EDITION POINTS: Limited Edition, No. 2 of 12 Copies. Signed and Inscribed.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore