VOICES OF THE REVOLUTION, by Edith Kaplan - 1967 [Signed Limited Ed]
Voices of the Revolution
by Edith Kaplan
edited by Helen Haynes
with Preface by Bayard Rustin
LIMITED EDITION, No. 218 of 350 Copies, Signed by Artist. Complete. Philadelphia, PA: Cypher Press, 1967.
Portfolio is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with VERY GOOD++ plates.
- Woodcuts are kept in elephant-size hardcover portfolio with title on label on front board. Complete.
- Woodcuts are well preserved overall with minimal toning.
- Title page as well as poetry pages and woodcuts are loose as issued in portfolio.
- Title page has a small 2" bump along head edge. (See photos)
- Pages display minimal occasional edgewear with rare corner creases.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Pages have deckle foot edges.
15 woodcuts + text pages. 19 x 15.5 inches.
Woodcuts are kept in elephant-size gray cloth portfolio. Woodcuts and darker-stock poetry pages are loose as issued.
Complete. Fifteen color woodcuts, paired with pages of poetry. Features a small pamphlet with all publication information, as well as a Preface by Bayard Rustin.
This anthology of poems pairs a poignant text with color woodcuts that make up a work which "perceives the essence of our confrontation with cruelty, and links it with a similar rhythm that runs through all of human experience." (Bayard Rustin) The collection of woodcuts and beautiful poetry, admirably evocative of each other, commemorate The American Negro Revolution which began in 1954.
EDITION POINTS: Limited Edition, No. 218 of 350 Copies, Signed by Artist. Hand-printed fine edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore