BARTHOLOMEUS BREENBERGH: THE PAINTINGS, by Marcel Roethlisberger- 1981
Bartholomeus Breenbergh: The Paintings
by Marcel Roethlisberger
Berlin and New York: Walter de Gruyter, 1981.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated DJ cover features a black and white painting against a red background and the title in white lettering.
- Grey boards have crisp red text on front and spine.
- Back foot corner has signs of gentle bump.
- Spine ends are firm.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear on a glossy paper.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks, and may have an even light toning.
- Text block head edge is little dusty and foot edge shows scuffing near corner. (See Photos)
- Illustrated DJ looks great behind Mylar, backed by archival paper.
- Close examination reveals minimal edgewear, a tiny chip to back foot corner, and light toning to flaps. (See Photos).
332 pages. 9.5 x 12 inches.
Bartholomeus Breenbergh (1598-1659) was a Dutch Golden Age painter of Italian and Italianate landscapes in Rome and Amsterdam. This book talks about the artist's life, personality, and his paintings as well as the aftermath of his life and the influence he has had on other artists. Biographical material on first 25 pages is followed by detailed text on the catalog (Precursors, Lost Paintings, Related Artists, Imitations) with index to page 122. Last half of book are the plates, starting with 4 full-page color plates, and the rest in B&W.
EDITION POINTS: English text in book with German text on DJ
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore