FOC'S'L AND GLORY-HOLE, by James C. Healey - 1936 [Signed]
Foc's'l and Glory-Hole:
A Study of the Merchant Seaman and his Occupation
by James C. Healey
Signed by the author. New York: Oxford University Press, 1936
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Dark green covers are mostly clean, with silver titles. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has silver text and is somewhat darkened with softened ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Pastedowns and feps have some staining, toning, author inscription. See photos.
- Present are the return flaps of the original dust jacket. See photos.
- Illustrations, black and white photographs, are clear. Some marginal staining present at photo plates. See photos.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are dusty at head, have some foxing.
211 pages. 5.75 x 9 inches.
A study of the occupation of seafaring from the point of view of social conditions. The author examines the social, economic, and health problems of those who "go down to the sea in ships." In a final section, he offers recommendations for improving seafaring as an occupation.
Signed and inscribed by author on free end paper.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore