KING JAMES HOLY BIBLE, Photos by FRANCIS FRITH - c.1869
Victorian King James Bible
photos by Francis Frith
A beautiful classic antique leather-bound over-sized Bible, with six laid-in albumen photographs of the holy land by the renown photographer Francis Frith. Beautiful 19th century binding, with rounded spine, beveled covers, and gilt on all edges. 9 x 11 inches.
Publishing Info: George E. Eyre and William Spottiswoode, London. Circa 1869.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Elaborately blind tooled leather covers with a partial brass clasp
- Bright gilt on spine
- Binding is solid and tight
- Inside pages are lightly tanned, with rare signs of aging, such as very light occasional foxing
- Photo plates are gently aged, yet overall clean and in nice condition
- Some water damage, limited to exterior, feps, and the book of Revelations
- Covers have some whitening from old water damage, as well as light scuffing and dirt
- Boards have some edgewear, including rubbed corners and spine ends
- Front board is split from tail of spine toward center for 4", and shoulder is split nearly 2" from the same point
- Front and back hinges are cracked
- Very faint musty scent from interior upon thumbing
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of wear and aging.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.