THE SECRET OF HOLING PUTTS!, by Horton Smith and Dawson Taylor - 1961 [1st Ed., DJ]
The Secret of Holing Putts!
by Horton Smith and Dawson Taylor
forewords by Walter Hagen and Robert T. Jones, Jr.
First edition. New York: A.S. Barnes and Company, Inc., 1961
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Pale gray covers are mostly clean, with red title on spine.
- Boards show some toning at edges, a few bumps, some edgewear. Corners are bumped.
- Spine has red text, slightly dimmed, with crushed foot end.
- Binding is strong.
- Pastedowns have brown stripe, result of old tape. Feps are clean. See photos.
- Illustrations, black and white photos throughout the text, are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have a ding at head end. See photos.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals edgewear at foot, heavy bumping at head, chipped corners, closed tears and chips; rubbing at spine and return folds; a pen mark at front cover, darkened stripe on each return. See photos.
156 pages. 6 x 9.25 inches
Horton Smith (1908-1963), two-time Masters champion, was called by the great Bobby Jones "one of the finest putters of all time." Smith maintained that it was possible to learn the techniques of good putting, and this book offers a series of lessons, with photographic illustrations. Smith's co-author Dawson Taylor (d. 2009) was, among other things, a precise analyst of sporting skills and a scratch golfer at the Detroit Golf Club, where they met. Together they offer all golfers a path to better putting and lower scores.
First edition. Published in New York by A.S. Barnes, and in London and Toronto by Thomas Yoseloff Ltd.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.