DOCTOR SAX, by Jack Kerouac - 1959 [1st ed., 1st printing, DJ]
Faust Part Three
by Jack Kerouac
First edition. New York: Grove Press, Inc., 1959
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Gray cloth covers are mostly clean, with gilt text on spine.
- Boards show a little bumping at foot edge on back cover, some edgewear. Corners are sharp. See photos.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with bumped ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Pastedowns and feps have some light staining.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have a few marks.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ has edgewear, chipped corners, closed tears and 1/2" triangular chip along head edge, bumping and chipping along foot edge, some staining to back. See photos.
245 pages. 5.25 x 8 inches
Jack Kerouac (1922-1969) was thirty-six years old when Doctor Sax was published in 1959. As the author blurb on the jacket back notes, Kerouac had already published four books, including On The Road, before this, his fifth title. In a relatively brief span of years since leaving Columbia College, Kerouac had done a lot of rambling and a lot of writing.
First printing of the First edition, as noted on the copyright page.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore