HITLER'S SECRET SCIENCES, by Nigel Pennick - 1981 [1st ed., DJ]
Hitler's Secret Sciences:
His quest for the hidden knowledge of the ancients
by Nigel Pennick
First edition. Suffolk, UK: Neville Spearman, 1981
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Black covers are mostly clean, with gilt title on spine. Boards show a little edgewear. Upper corners are bumped. See photos.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with softened ends.
- Binding is strong.
- End papers/ pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Illustrations, two section of photo plates, are bright and clear.
- Interior is age-toned, with marginal toning. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are a little dusty.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals some edgewear, chipped corners, bumping along foot edge, tiny chips at spine head, a 3/4" closed tear at back cover. See photos.
182 pages. 5.5 x 8.5 inches
Hitler's Secret Sciences is the first book to bring together details of the strange theories that underlay Nazi attempts to create a new religion, forge a new science, and create a new species of mankind. It describes the startling and sometimes bizarre theories of alternative science that were elevated to official status in Hitler's Germany such as unorthodox cosmologies, revived Pagan beliefs, and occult principles in architectural design. (Jacket blurb)
With blocks of illustrations.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore