THE SEAMAN'S COMPLETE DAILY ASSISTANT, by John Hamilton Moore - 1796
A late 18th century mariner's handbook featuring chapters on navigation and arithmetic. Poor condition. Includes one map and extensive tables. The front board is completely detached while the rear board is attached though cracked along the hinge. Leather is significantly worn and peeling. Interior is age-toned with foxing. Antiquarian and worn, with commensurate aging. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! Please see description for more details. AS IS.
The Seaman's Complete Daily Assistant, and New Mariner's Compass Being an Easy Method of Keeping a Journal at Sea.
by John Hamilton Moore
An 18th century mariner's handbook that includes sections on arithmetic and navigation with emphasis on methods to find latitude and longitude, rules of common arithmetic, decimal fractions, various applications in measurements, record keeping and more. Includes a map, extensive charts and tables, and formulas. 104 pages plus tables. 5.5" by 8.75".
Published by B. Law. London, UK. 1796.
Hardback is overall in POOR condition.
- Leather covers are significantly worn with the front board being completely detached and peeling along the left outer edges of the front and rear; leather is heavily scuffed and shows prominent black spots. Please see photos.
- Corners are heavily scuffed with exposed board.
- Rear shoulder is cracked though intact.
- Spine features 6 gilt bands and is worn with a chip from the head missing. Please see photos.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns are darkened and show offsetting.
- Endpapers are missing though a portion of the ffep remains attached. Please see photos.
- Interior is age-toned with foxing.
- The title page of the Journal bears writing in pencil otherwise the inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are darkened with an indentation to the bottom edge.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore