THE LIGHT OF CHINA: THE TAO TEH KING, trans. by I.W. Heysinger - 1903[Signed 1st Ed.]
The Light of China: The Tao Teh King
Translated by I.W. Heysisnger
First edition, inscribed and signed by the translator. Philadelphia, PA: Research Publishing Co., 1903.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Navy cloth covers are mostly clean, with red border and white and red text.
- Boards show some edgewear. Corners are worn.
- Spine has somewhate faded white text and is darkened, with bumped and softened ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers and feps are gently age toned.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
165 pages. 5.5 x 7.5 inches.
The Tao Teh King of Lao Tsze, translated from the Chinese in a metrical rendering. Includes a preface, analytical index, and list of important words found in the text.
Signed and inscribed by the translator on the fly-leaf to Francis Shunk Brown, a Philadelphia lawyer and one term Pennsylvania State Attorney General.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore