THE BATTLE OF AUGHRIM, by Richard Murphy - 1968 [1st Ed,Signed]
The Battle of Aughrim and The God Who Eats Corn
by Richard Murphy
1st Edition, Signed/Inscribed. London: Faber and Faber, 1968
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- DJ features the title of the book in big black lettering with the authors name in red lettering.
- Boards are in overall very good condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilded text against an evergreen background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Front endpaper and fep are signed and inscribed by the author. (See Photos).
- Illustrations [are bright and clear, plates are tipped-in, age toned, with scattered foxing, marginal age-toning, have lightly foxed tissue guards.]
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have show light foxing and dust at the head of the text block edge. (See Photos).
- DJ has some light edgewear, and light dirt, as well as a few small closed tears on the read head of the DJ. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
64 pages. 5.5 x 9 inches.
Richard Murphy's new book - his first since Sailing to an Island (1963) - contains his long poem on the Battle of Aughrim which was commissioned by the BBC Third Programme and first broadcast in the summer of 1968. In addition, the volume includes The God Who Eats Corn, a poem dedicated to the memory of his father.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition, Signed and inscribed by the author.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore