THE LIFE OF MARY WHATELEY DARWALL 1738-1825, by Ann Messenger - 1999
Woman and Poet in the Eighteenth Century:
The Life of Mary Whateley Darwall 1738 - 1825
by Ann Messenger
New York: AMS Press, Inc., 1999
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 040463527
- Green cloth over boards features intact bright gilt on front and spine.
- Corners are sharp.
- Binding is tight, and generally feels unread.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- The top text block edge shows a faint horizontal scratch. (See Photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
273 pages. 6.25 x 9.25 inches.
This biography of the poet Mary Whateley Darwall includes 18 of her poems. It describes how she was thought to be a poetic genius and how she associated with William Shenstone, John Langhorne, Mary Seward and Henry Cary. It also reveals her struggles as a woman in 18th-century British society.
EDITION POINTS: The Life of Mary Whateley Darwall is a part of series of books: AMS Studies in the Eighteenth Century, No. 27
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore