THE GARLAND LIBRARY OF THE HISTORY OF WESTERN MUSIC - 1985 [Vols 9, 10 & 14, 1st Ed]
The Garland Library of the History of Western Music:
Volume 9 - Nineteenth-Century Music
Volume 10 - Twentieth-Century Music
Volume 14 - Approaches to Tonal Analysis
edited by Ellen Rosand
with Essays by Numerous distinguished Authors
FIRST EDITION. Volumes 9, 10 and 14. New York & London: Garland Publishing, Inc., 1985.
Hardbacks are overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 0824074580 (Vol 9) ISBN: 0824074599 (Vol 10) ISBN: 0824074637 (Vol 14)
- Volumes feature blue cloth covers and rounded spines with gilt lettering.
- All three books exhibit minor overall aging and wear.
- Covers display minimal edgewear, as well as some shelfwear.
- Volume 9:
- displays a small bump to foot edge of back;
- has a small residue from insect having dried in pages 230-231.
- Volume 10:
- fold-out shows some minimal edgewear. Pages preceding and following fold-out are lightly foxed along head edge;
- detached errata page shows some foxing along fore edge, as well as a foot corner crease.
- Volume 14: exhibits faint dark staining near foot edge on front, as well as some horizontal white scuffs to fore edge on back, 1" maximum length. (See photos)
- Spines show gentle occasional bumping at ends.
- Binding is secure in all volumes.
- Interior is minimally toned in all volumes.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display foxing and dust to head, and occasionally to foot and front.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
289 pages (Vol 9) + 344 pages (Vol 10) + pages. 8.75 x 11.25 inches.
Bindings feature blue cloth covers, and gilt lettering on rounded spines.
Volumes feature highlights of music scores in text and full-page B&W photographs of manuscripts, as well as various essays. Volume 10 features essays in German and French, as well as fold-out score.
Three volumes of a collection on the history of Western Music, these works prove an exceptional reference source for any music scholar and student. Analysis of nineteenth and twentieth-century music, as well as tonal analysis, is supported by examples taken from some of the most beloved and famous pieces ever written, and documented through articles and essays by numerous distinguished authors. The reader will find a treasure trove of examples, and highlights of writings and letters by the great composers, while delving deep into the fascinating world of tone and why music affects us so profoundly.
Each volume also sold separately. See our listing library!
EDITION POINTS: all volumes are First Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore