THE DAILY PRINCETONIAN, Sept 1915-Jun 1916
The Daily Princetonian
Sept 24, 1915 - June 13, 1916
Published by: The Daily Princetonian, Princeton, NJ, 1916.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is in overall very good condition with moderate to severe general wear to leather and paper, and to pages inside.
- Three-quarter leatherbound with colored marble design on both covers.
- Boards are exposed along edges, and display considerable edgewear from rubbing and some bumps.
- Leather is rubbed off on edges exposing boards, with a chip to upper corner of front, and entirely gone on lower corner of front. (See photos)
- Paper covers with marble design are rubbed and scuffed, mostly on back.
- Spine features text and lines in gilt, with pronounced rubbing of leather.
- Spine displays severe rubbing and chipping at ends, and is splitting along front shoulder. (See photos)
- Shoulders are rubbed.
- Binding is secure, with binder's tape-reinforced hinges.
- Feps exhibit some marginal damp staining.
- Front fep displays signature of previous owner, as well as two holes to upper corner with sticker residue.
- Interior is mildly toned with occasional light foxing.
- Some pages display edge tears and corner creases. First page has a longitudinal fold with a 4" closed tear along upper half of fold and a 1.25" closed tear along lower half, 2.5" of tape from fore edge. Occasional scattered closed tears with one or more reinforced with tape. (See photos)
- Text block edges exhibit expected age-toning and occasional staining, and are stippled along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
This Bound edition of the Princetonian Sports and Actualities Magazine begins with magazine #38 No. 265, and covers from September 24th, 1915 to June 13th, 1916. Tackling all the key events in sports, education, politics, law and government, economy, featuring pages of illustrated advertisements of the time, The Daily Princetonian offers an invaluable insight on the local life and history of Princeton at that time. Taking us back to the atmosphere and concerns of the beginning of the past century, the magazine keeps the record of an unforgettable past. Pages not numbered. Approx. 600 pages. 13 x 19.5 inches.
Includes 160 plus editions of the daily newspaper The Princetonian, beginning with volume XXXVII No. 265, through volume XXXVIII No. 434. Concludes with the additional commencement edition. Illustrated with black & white photographs and drawings.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.