EIGHT ETCHINGS OF PRINCETON UNIVERSITY, by HM Luquiens - 1916 [Engraver's Proof]
Eight Etchings of Princeton University
by HM Luquiens
Engraver's proofs. Princeton, NJ: Princeton Universisty Press, 1916
Portfolio is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Tan paper covers half bound with cream have black ink titles and inset illustration.
- Boards show some wear, marks, scuffing, edgewear. Corners are bumped and scuffed. Spine has split ends. See photos.
- Portfolio with ribbon tie closure houses loose sheets, each with an attached cover sheet.
- Illustrations are bright and clear. Plates are of various sizes from 6.5"x8.5" to 7.5"x9.5". Each is mounted on a plain sheet and covered by a guard sheet.
- Plates are pencil signed "Engraver's proof". See photos.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear, with marginal toning at outer edges of mounting sheets. See photos.
Eight plates. 11 x 14.25 inches
A rare portfolio, possibly part of an edition of 160 sets. Huc-Mazelet Luquiens (1881-1961) was an American printmaker, painter, and art educator. Born in Massachusetts, he graduated from Yale University. He worked as an artist in New England and then in 1917 went to Hawaii, where he remained for the duration of his career. The Princeton etchings were made in the year before his departure.
All eight plates are signed in pencil "Engraver's proof" on the plate edge.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.