STRUCTURE, by John J. Sharkey (ed) - [No.1, Spring 1968; ALS]
Structure: Number 1, Spring 1968
edited by John J. Sharkey
"Structure will attempt to explore the concepts of potential environmental structures and their actual realisation in social terms, art of play. It will also explore the structural elements of environments as well as the creative possibilities and aesthetic extensions into dance, theatre, music, poetry, colour and light."
Cover of this art journal about art installations features the photographs of Pieter Boersma. Articles include Jeffrey Shaw's highly technical Corpocinema, Dick Higgins Some Graphis Mirrors, Jean Toche's Manifesto 1 for a Theatre of Human Destruction, a poem by John J. Sharkey and more. 24 pages. 8" by 10".
Includes a signed and dated letter by editor John J. Starkey.
The table of contents indicates that at the time of publication, this volume included an insert by artist Keith Albarn which is not included in the present volume.
Published by Structure Publications. London, UK. 1968.
Magazine is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Illustrated wraps exhibit scuffing and edgewear, including creases along spine.
- Corners are bumped with the rear corners exhibiting creases.
- Spine is scuffed with portions showing more prominent surface wear. Please see photos.
- Stapled binding is strong.
- Interior is exhibits minimal signs of age and wear such as creases. Please see photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Letter is free of any signs of major wear or aging.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.