SEPARATE CINEMA: THE FIRST 100 YEARS OF BLACK POSTER ART, by John Duke Kisch - 2014 [Signed 1st Ed.]
The First 100 Years of Black Poster Art
by John Duke Kisch
foreward by Henry Louis Gates Jr.
afterword by Spike Lee
First edition, signed. London: Reel Art Press, 2014
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Full color illustrated covers are mostly clean, with black and red text.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has black text and is bright with firm ends.
- Binding is tight.
- Illustrated end papers/ pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Signed on title page. See photos.
- Full color illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits some faint marginal toning; paper warping and marks on pgs. 62, 64. See photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have a few scratches at head edge. See photos.
- Illustrated DJ has bumping along head edge, some bumps at front shoulder. See photos.
317 pages. 9.5 x 11.25 inches
A beautiful coffee table book celebrating and documenting the first one hundred years of black poster art in the cinema. Richly illustrated in full color. Text by Separate Cinema archive founder John Duke Kisch.
Signed by John Duke Kisch and Spike Lee on title page.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.