RALPH 124C 41+, by Hugo Gernsback - 1950 [Signed 2nd ed. w/DJ]
Ralph 124C 41+:
Thrilling Adventures in the Year 2660
by Hugo Gernsback
Second edition, signed by the author. New York: Frederick Fell, Inc., 1950
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Gray cloth covers have red ink titles.
- Boards show some dirt, smudges, tape marks, edgewear. Corners are bumped. See photos.
- Spine is slightly cocked. Red text is bright, spine has bumped and softened ends. See photos.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps have some toning, tape marks, bookseller stamp inside back cover, owner's marks, gift inscription on front fep. See photos.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have a few marks, are a little dusty. See photos.
- Illustrated DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals light edgewear including tiny closed tears, chipped corners, some staining to back. See photos.
207 pages. 5.25 x 8 inches
From the father of modern science-fiction (DJ), this is the second edition of Gernsback's "Romance of the year 2660." It first appeared in serial form in Modern Electrics, a radio magazine published by Gernsback. Updated for the 1925 edition and then again in 1950 for this edition to reflect the technical and scientific advances of the intervening years.
Inscribed to Theodore Engel, "my good friend and most excellent science fiction researcher," by the author, NYC 1952. Gernsback and Engel collaborated on a bibliography of science fiction writing.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore