REPORT ON PROBABILITY A, by Brian W. Aldiss - 1969 [Signed 1st Ed., DJ]
Report on Probability A
by Brian W. Aldiss
First edition, signed by the author. Garden City, NY: Doubleday & Company, Inc., 1969
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Wheat cloth covers are mostly clean, with black text on spine.
- Boards show some edgewear. Corners are bumped.
- Spine has black text and is bright with crushed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps have gift inscription and signature. See photos.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore edges.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals bumped corners, bumping along head edge, edgewear, possible closed tears. See photos.
190 pages. 5.5 x 8.25 inches
Part of the British New Wave of science fiction writers, Brian Aldiss (1925-2017) is known for his novels and short stories marked by brilliantly inventive pessimism with touches of bright humor (flap). Author of the Helliconia trilogy and of the short story "Supertoys Last All Summer Long" (1969), which was the basis for the Spielberg film A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001).
Signed and inscribed by author on free end paper.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore