MAD QUEEN: TIRADES, by Harry Crosby - 1929 [1st ed., ltd., numbered]
by Harry Crosby
frontispiece by Caresse Crosby
First, limited edition. Paris: The Black Sun Press, 1929
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Cream paper wraps have red and black inked titles, ornament on back cover.
- Wraps show some bumping and edgewear, some staining at edges. Corners are rubbed. See photos.
- Spine, with no text, has chipped ends. See photos.
- Binding is firm.
- Feps have some scattered foxing.
- Frontispiece, a color drawing, is present and has intact tissue guard.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges, are toned along head.
73 pages. 6 1/2 x 9 5/8 inches
A small book of poems by Harry Crosby (1898-1929), scion of Boston Brahmins, World War I veteran, ex-pat in Paris during the 1920s, epitome of the Lost Generation. The book is noteworthy largely as an example of the output of The Black Sun Press, founded by Crosby and his wife. The press was distinguished by the high quality of its editions and typographic excellence. The Black Sun Press printed early works of several writers before they were well known, including James Joyce, Archibald MacLeish, and D.H. Lawrence, and it evolved into one of the most important small presses in Paris in the 1920s.
First edition, printed Winter 1929. 100 copies printed on Hollande Van Gelder Zonen, of which this is No. 27.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore