THE GARDEN STONES AND OTHER RHYMES, by Charles Francis Jenkins and Herbert Pullinger - 1929 [Signed & numbered]
The Garden Stones and Other Rhymes
by Charles Francis Jenkins
illustrated by Herbert Pullinger
Limited edition, signed by the author. Philadelphia: Privately printed, 1929
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Marble paper covers with cloth spine and gilt title. Boards show some scuffing, edgewear. Corners are bumped and frayed, with exposed board. See photos.
- Spine has gilt text and is clear, with fraying ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps have scattered foxing, a few marks. See photos.
- Frontispiece, an etching signed by the artist, is present and has intact tissue guard.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits some marginal toning, scattered foxing, as at pp. 8-9, 16-17. See photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore edges.
50 pages. 6.25 x 9 inches
A little volume of poems by Charles Francis Jenkins (1865-1951), Quaker historian and longtime member and president of the Buck Hill Falls Company in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. Jenkins published his work privately, for "a few choice and indulgent friends."
The frontispiece is an etching by Herbert Pullinger (1878-1961), who taught at the Philadelphia Museum School of Industrial Art.
Edition of 75 copies. This is #31, signed by the author.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore