LOTUS LIGHT, by Ruth St. Denis; Ruth Harwood (illust) - 1932 [Review Copy]
by Ruth St. Denis
drawings by Ruth Harwood
Review copy. Cambridge, MA: The Riverside Press, 1932.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Cover features title in faded white lettering against a black board.
- Boards show some shelfwear and edgewear.
- Corners are lightly frayed showing exposed board. (See Photos).
- Spine text is faded, and has crushed ends.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Endpapers have some staining at hinge. (See Photos).
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Review slip is in very good condition
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages have very lightly scattered foxing through out the book. (See Photos).
- Text block edges have some dust at head, with deckled edges. Some pages remain unopened.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
100 pages. 6.5 x 10 inches.
Scarce collection of poems by the American dancer. Beautifully illustrated with black & white Art Deco drawings by Ruth Harwood.
Ruth St. Denis (1879-1968) was an American modern dance pioneer, introducing eastern ideas into the art. She was the co-founder of the American Denishawn School of Dancing and Related Arts and the teacher of several notable performers, including Martha Graham, Doris Humphrey, Lillian Powell, Evan-Burrows Fontaine Charles Weidman, and Louise Brooks.
EDITION POINTS: Review Copy.
EPHEMERA: A review slip indicating intended retail price and publication date.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore