BEAUTIFUL GARDENS OF KENTUCKY, by Jon Carloftis - 2010$195.00
Beautiful Gardens of Kentucky
by Jon Carloftis
This splendid photographic celebration of the beauty of the gardens of Kentucky, is brought to us by a garden designer of great national acclaim. In this lavishly illustrated volume presenting in all their magnificence and magic, gardens from all time periods in the state of Kentucky, Jon Carloftis puts to use his Kentucky heritage to narrate as no foreigner ever could, the poetical story of each of these charming gardens, as well as that of their makers. Belonging to a long state tradition, these gardens are each masterpieces in their own right, featuring along with the talent of their makers, the incredible beauty and piece of nature. The abundant vegetation of Kentucky conceals in the secret and shade of luxuriant trees, the most beautiful floral arrangements and even constructions which bring to mind the past times of the Old South. And this amazing volume is not only a history, it is also a treasure trove of advice for gardeners of today, and of lesser ambitions, to make their outdoors look a little more heavenly. 322 pages. 11.25 x 10.5 inches.
Lavishly illustrated with full-color photographs. Includes an introductory poem, as well as a text telling the story of each garden and their makers.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: Canal House, Lambertville, NJ, 2010.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 9780615340265
- Volume displays minimal wear to covers, interior and DJ.
- Patterned brown cloth covers feature text in gilt on front, and display minimal edgewear.
- Spine features text in gilt, and exhibits minimal edgewear to head.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ is in great condition displaying minimal edgewear as well as shelfwear mostly on back.
- DJ exhibits a line of sticky residue along back return.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore