MIS' BEAUTY, by Helen S. Woodruff - 1911 [Signed]
A VERY GOOD scarce signed copy, signed, inscribed and dated on the ffep. Text is accompanied by four color illustrations. Firmly bound in purple cloth with partially faded gilt lettering on the cover and spine. Boards are darkened with some stains. Corners are bumped. Interior is age-toned with occasional foxing. Used. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Please see detailed condition and more photos in description.
by Helen S. Woodruff
illustrated by W.L. Jacobs
A very scarce signed copy. Signed, inscribed and dated on ffep. Four wonderful color illustrations by W.L. Jacobs including frontis. Employs the use of the vernacular often attributed to African Americans of the South. 163 pages. 5" by 7.75".
Published by George H. Doran. New York, NY. 1911.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Purple cloth covers feature faded gilt lettering to the front and show signs of gentle aging and wear.
- Boards are darkened and stained and show light indentations to the edges.
- Corners are bumped.
- Spine has gilt lettering and design detail with softened ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Signature on ffep.
- Frontispiece is fully intact.
- Illustrations are clean and fully intact.
- Interior is gently age-toned, most notably to the perimeter.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are gently darkened and scuffed.
- Rear endpaper is creased and folded at corner.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore