BEAUTY IN DRESS, by Miss Oakey - 1881
Beauty in Dress
by Miss Oakey
Very scarce with bodice pattern in back pocket. A fascinating little book that matches apparel according to hair color with chapters on redheads, blonde and women with grey hair. It also discusses how to dress for a fancy ball, shoes and composition and children's dress. 196 pages followed by a list of books for the household. 4.75" by 6.5".
Published by Harper & Brother. New York, NY. 1881.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Gilt decorated covers are covered in teal cloth with minor scuffing to the finish and a stain to the front.
- Corners are bumped.
- Spine has gilt lettering and design detail with additional inked details and bumped, scuffed ends.
- Binding is tight.
- Front pastedown bears faint writing in ink with additional faint white stains to whole endpaper.
- Interior is lightly age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are slightly darkened with faint foxing.
- Foldout bodice pattern is present and shows foxing that can be seen to the front and rear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore