A SERIES OF EXTEMPORNEOUS DISCOURSES, by Elias Hicks - 1825
A Series of Extemporaneous Discourses, Delivered in the Several Meetings of the Society of Friends In Philadelphia, Germantown, Abington, Newtown, Falls, and Trenton
by Elias Hicks
Twelve sermons presented by the controversial Quaker minister Elias Hicks (1748-1830), older cousin of painter/Quaker minister Edward Hicks. "Taken in short hand by M.T.C. Gould." 322 pages. 5.5 x 8.75 inches.
Publishing Info: Joseph & Edward Parker, Philadelphia, PA. 1825.
Hardback is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Original leather bound covers.
- Binding is sound.
- Inside pages are free of marginalia and underlining.
- Covers exhibit some rubbing and scuffs, and leather is on the dry side.
- Perimeters of covers are significantly worn, with bare corners.
- Spine is quite worn, with most of gilt decoration rubbed away.
- Red title block still has clear gilt that is mostly intact.
- Text block edges were inked in yellow.
- Foxing is evident on text block edges.
- Pencil writing on title page.
- Foxing scattered throughout, more on pastedowns and endpages, less on interior pages.
- Most of the interior pages exhibit a gentle ripple typical of books of this vintage.
- Foot edge of page 21 has a large margin tear/chip.
- Top corner of page 71 is missing.
- Page 79 has two stray pencil marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.
Subject: Religion & Spirituality
Topic: Sermons Homilies
Year Printed: 18250000
Special Attributes: 1st Edition
Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
Shipping: Shipping rate calculated at checkout