TWO YEARS AND A HALF IN THE NAVY, by E. C. Wines - 1832 [1st Ed, Vol 1 & 2]
Two Years and a Half in the Navy: Or, journal of a cruise in the Mediterranean and Levant, on board of the U.S. frigate Constellation, in the years 1829, 1830, and 1831.
by E. C. Wines
The first published book, Enoch Cobb Wines (1809–79), detailing his travels through the Mid-Atlantic, Spain, Italy, Turkey, and more. 247 & 244 pages. 4.75 x 7.75 inches.
First Edition. Publishing Info: Carey & Lea. Philadelphia, U.S.A. 1832.
Overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Marbled paper with leather edges and spine.
- Gilt stamped decorative title and design on spine, gilt border around leather.
- Gilt on top of textblock.
- Vol II is inscribed by J. Fenimore Cooper - not verified as The J. F. Cooper.
- Vol I missing front end papers, prelim, top 1/2 of title pages, 2 pages essentially gone and top of contents page.
- Rubbing along edges of spine.
- Vol I spine beginning to crack at head.
- Overboards are rubbed on edges and corners.
- Binding is secure and tight.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
Books over $250 will ship insured, which will incur additional shipping charges.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
Binding: Hardcover w/Jacket
Subject: Military & War
Year Printed: 18320000
Special Attributes: 1st Edition
Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
Shipping: Shipping rate calculated at checkout