GARDENS OF COLONY AND STATE, Vols. 1 & 2, by Alice B. Lockwood - 1931 [1st Ed]
GARDENS OF COLONY AND STATE VOLS. I & II, by Alice B. Lockwood 1931 [1st ed.]
Gardens of Colony and State Volumes I and II
by Alice B. Lockwood
Wonderful two volume set covering the gardens and gardeners of the American Colonies and of the Republic before 1840. Vol. I covers Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio and Illinois. Vol. II covers both Virginia, the city of Washington, Maryland, Delaware, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas and California.
464 and 444 pages.
Publishing Info: Charles Scribner's Sons, New York 1931
Hardbacks are overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Scarce first edition
- Lovely green lettering on front and spine of both volumes
- Hundreds of b&w illustrations
- Bindings are secure
- Corners are lightly scuffed, more so to heads and tail of spines
- Light scuffing to both back boards
- Three water rings on front of vol. II
- Each vol. has inscription and signature on ffep with raised owner's stamp
- Inscription on half-title page of vol. I
- Some light staining and foxing to fore edges, pastedowns and endpapers of both volumes
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
- When you buy from us, we would greatly appreciate positive feedback to add to our ratings! Thank you in advance!
- We encourage you to contact us with any questions! We also welcome additional information on any of our listings.
- Other shipping options may be available. Please contact us for more details and information. Pickup is also welcome!
- Orders ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment, unless otherwise notified. Payment is due within 2 days of auction end to guarantee availability and price.
- International Buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges; these charges are the BUYER's responsibility. FULL VALUE will be declared on all overseas items.
- If your order hasn't arrived, or isn't as described, please contact us and we'll work with you to find a satisfactory resolution!
Launched from my store - Powered by Highwire.com