TRAVELS AND ADVENTURES OF MSSR VIOLET, by Capt Marryat - 1844
Narrative of the Travels and Adventures of Monsieur Violet in California, Sonora, and Western Texas
by Captain Marryat, C.B.
Quarter bound leather in green leather and decorative paper. Very scarce with map which measures roughly 11" by 8" and depicts the southern California coast and highlights the locations of the Shoshone Indians noting wigwams inhabited only during fishing season. 431 pages. 3.75" by 6.5".
Published by A. an W. Galignani. Paris, France. 1844.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Includes original green ribbon bookmark.
- Quarter leatherbound in green with marbled paper.
- Boards show some wear, with moderately rubbed edges.
- Corners are heavily scuffed with some exposed boards.
- Spine features gilt lettering and decorative gilt, which is rubbed some at shoulders and spine ends. Please see photos.
- Binding is firm.
- Marble endpapers are clean for the most part however both pastedowns have a brown smudge at hinge foot. Please see photos.
- Foldout map is gently aged, with a 2.25" closed seam tear from head, and typical storage creasing and wrinkles. (Please see photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned with scattered light foxing, and exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Stippled text block edges are dusty with minimal light foxing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore