THE TENTING SCHOOL, by C. W. Larison - 1883
The Tenting School: A Description of the Tours Taken, and of the Field Work Done...
by C. W. Larison
Title continues: "A Description of the Tours taken, and of the Field Work done, by the Class in Geography in the Academy of Science and Art at Ringos, N.J., during the Year 1882."
Illustrated with diagrams and maps and finely narrated, this detailed account of the travels and studies of a class of geography is as much an entertaining and instructive journey through Ringos' key places, as it is a useful practical tool for any interested in tenting and natural sciences. Filled with many geographical and scientific as well as technical details, the work is a relevant reference book for scholars. 292 pages. 4.75 x 7.75 inches.
Particularly unique for its "fonetic" spelling, complete with diacritical marks. Illustrated with maps and diagrams. Preface at beginning of volume.
Published by: C. W. Larison, Publisher, Ringos, NJ, 1883.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume is in very good+ condition with mild to moderate aging on covers and well-preserved interior.
- Dark brown covers feature blind-tooled decoration and lines on front and back.
- Boards show mild wear from fading mostly on front and near edges, and two small residues of unknown nature on front. (See photos)
- Corners show minor rubbing and bumping, with a more pronounced bump at lower right corner of front. (See photos)
- Spine has faded gilt/copper text and shows pronounced overall fading with strong scuffing and a small hole near tail and along shoulder. (See photos)
- Spine ends are softened, with missing head.
- Binding is tight between some pages and loosens at gutter between some signatures. (See photos)
- Endpapers display moderate aging with toning and foxing along hinges, as well as light occasional staining.
- Front endpaper exhibits ballpoint pen gift inscription and a small hole near lower corner. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned with minor signs of wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges show moderate to pronounced age-toning with some darkening along head and discreet foxing along fore edge.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore