ORIGINAL ETCHINGS Koehler 1883 Moran Pennell Church Cole Dielman XL leatherbound$2,900.00
Antique book. Well preserved with some wear on covers from rubbing and some fading/shadows. All plates and tissue guards inside present and in good condition.BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! Please see description for more details. AS IS.
Original Etchings by American Artists
with text by S. R. Koehler
A stunning collection of never-before published works by artists of the New World. Put together for the first time to be known and recognized in Europe, with special introducing and explanatory text, these etchings of remarkable beauty and expressiveness are representative of the American art of the end of the nineteenth century and its greatest figures, most of whom were still unknown to European art connoisseurs; among whom are the names of Thomas Moran, Joseph Pennell, Frederick Church, J. F. Cole, Frederick Dielman..., etc. One will admire in this superb collection, which contains twenty plates in great condition, with intact protective tissue guards, the details and precision of the art of etching in these exceptional samples of the talent of American artists. Approx. 130 pages. 14.25 x 18.5 inches.
Twenty plates with intact tissue guards. Introduction and text by S. R. Koehler. List of plates included.
Published by: Cassell and Company, Limited, New York, London and Paris, 1883.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is in overall very good condition with mild wear on covers from rubbing and some fading, and gentle toning inside.
- Leather covers feature title in gilt on front and decoration on back.
- Boards show minor warping, mild overall fading and darkening along edges, as well as faint white staining along upper edge of front and two damp stains along fore edge on back. (See photos)
- Corners display strong bumping and severe rubbing with exposed boards and some chips.
- Spine has text in gilt, and displays moderate wear with a 0.5" x 0.25" scuff in the center.
- Shoulder of spine exhibits a 4.5" crack near head on front. At base of crack spine exhibits a horizontal closed tear.
- Spine ends are severely rubbed and softened with chipping.
- Binding is secure with all pages and plates present.
- Handsome color decorated endpapers feature flowery designs and are mildly worn, with some toning and edge staining and foxing.
- Illustration plates are all in great condition with intact tissue guards and signed in the plate.
- Interior is gently age-toned with some faint shadowing of etchings on tissue guards.
- Shadows along gutters as seen in photos are not part of the book or seen on the page, they are the result of lighting and photography issues.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Last pages exhibit persistent damp stains along fore edge, that are consistent with damp staining of cover on back, and front ffep has 0.5" horizontal closed tear at edge. (See photos)
- Text block edges have all edges gilt with slight scuffing along foot, and some fading.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore