THE STEAM SHOVEL FAMILY, by Irmengarde Eberle - 1948 [Signed 1st Ed]
The Steam Shovel Family
by Irmengarde Eberle
illustrated by Connie Moran
FIRST EDITION, SIGNED and Inscribed by author on front endpaper. Philadelphia, PA: David McKay Company, 1948.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with GOOD++ DJ.
- Volume displays minor overall aging and wear with a very well preserved interior.
- Orange cloth covers have black text on front, and display mild overall fading and edgewear.
- Spine has black text, and exhibit mild fading with softening at ends.
- Binding is secure with a little play.
- Endpapers feature beautiful color illustration.
- Interior displays faint overall age toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show commensurate toning, and are tinted in red along head.
- DJ looks nice behind Mylar despite some chipping and toning, and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ exhibits overall toning, as well as edgewear with rubbing along shoulders, creasing to upper edge of back, and some notable chipping: 0.75"-1" chips to corners, and a large chip wrapping around spine from both covers. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
187 pages. 5.75 x 8.25 inches.
Join Mother, Father, Pete and Tessy as they travel to California to visit grandparents. Their adventures will take them as far as Kansas as they push their old car's endurance. Irmengarde Eberle (1898-1979) was a prolific American author of more than 60 books for children and young adults. She is also known for her biographies, science and nature books.
Lavishly illustrated in B&W by Connie Moran. Includes a list of illustrations.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore