THE SOUL OF A TREE: A WOODWORKER'S REFLECTIONS, by George Nakashima - 1981[Signed 1st Ed.]
The Soul of a Tree: A Woodworker's Reflections
by George Nakashima
with Introduction by Dr. George Wald
First edition, inscribed and signed by the author. Tokyo, New York and San Francisco: Kodansha International Limited, 1981.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Red cloth covers are clean with gilt text on spine.
- Boards show some slight edgewear. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with firm ends.
- Binding feels unread.
- Custom endpapers show little sign of age. Author's inscription on front fly-leaf, glued down leaf from Architectural Digest and mark left where adhesive was pulled away. Please see photographs for details of condition. Studio business card inside back cover.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal marginal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has some edgewear, and rubbed corners; is price-clipped on front return
221 pages. 8.75 x 12 inches.
Part memoir, part artistic manifesto, The Soul of a Tree records the artistic journey and process of George Nakashima, designer and furniture craftsman.
Generously illustrated, with color and black & white photographs and also line drawings of Nakashima's furniture designs.
Signed and inscribed by author on fly-leaf.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore