THE SCHOOL OF THE EUCHARIST, by F. Toussain Bridoul - 1687 [1st Ed]
The School of The Eucharist
by F. Toussain Bridoul
Fascinating for all those convinced in their hearts of the truth and sacredness of eucharistic miracles and the foundation of the ceremony, this remarkable, antiquarian edition gathers numerous stories and facts, told in faith and conviction, that are irresistible proof for the eucharist. The stories here put together are testimonies not only of men, but of all nature, recounting how on numerous occasions all beasts and living creatures have rendered homage to the Holy Sacrament of the Altar. This edition has been translated from the French in the original Lille edition of 1672. Written in 17th century font, it is a revealing discourse into the mysteries of this most blessed ceremony. 45 pages. 6.25 x 7.75 inches.
Includes a preface filled with Biblical references. Written in 17th century font. Translated from the French Lille edition of 1672.
Presumed First English Edition. Published by: Randall Taylor, London, 1687.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is in overall very good condition with moderate expected aging to covers and inside.
- Quarter leatherbound.
- Original covers feature handsome marble design with overall fading and rubbing near edges, showing exposed boards near edges.
- Boards display notable edgewear from rubbing and some bumps.
- Corners are rubbed with exposed boards.
- Spine exhibits some darkening and rubbing, with chipping to foot.
- Binding is overall secure though cracked at front hinge. (See photos)
- Interior is moderately toned with some foxing on feps, and title page, as well as light occasional warping.
- Pastedowns display some pencil and ink marks, interior is otherwise free of writing and intentional marks. (See photos)
- Textblock edges are darkened and dusty, with faded red dye altered by gray and white stains from aging.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore